Sunday, October 11, 2009

Weather & Thanks

It was nearly 80 degrees today, and in my opinion, it was the perfect day to spend outside. Kevin & I went walking this morning (5.5 miles). Later, I went for a bike ride, and by the end of the afternoon, I went for another walk (5.5 more miles). Oh, how I love this weather. I don’t want for it to get cold, so that’s why I spent so much time outside today.

I must share something else with you all today. My hubby (pictured below) took us to see a movie of MY choice today. I wanted to see Chris Rock’s movie, Good Hair, which I THOUGHT was going to be really funny since it was Chris Rock’s movie. Goodness gracious!!! Kevin sat through the entire movie, which was a documentary of African American women’s hair plights, and did not complain once. Thanks, Kevin. I love you so!! He couldn’t have enjoyed it because to be quite honest with you, I didn’t enjoy it much. (Thumbs down for that movie.)

2 comments:

  1. how long does it take you walk 5 miles? just curious. i tried that this summer and it was like an hour and a half to and hour and forty five minutes...i got to where i thought i didn't have time for it, but i would love to do that. i wish you lived next door we could walk together! wishful thinking huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to make time to exercise; it’s important to take care of myself & my health. I have back problems & get steroid shots every several months to manage the pain. When I get heavy, my pain seems to be more intense, so I try to stay active.

    It takes me about 1 hour & 15 minutes to complete 5 miles. I speed walk & sometimes I jog/run parts of the way. I find it really refreshing to get out & exercise. I use that as my “social time” to talk to my mom, and/or sisters on the phone. I just plug my Bluetooth in, and off I go. When I don’t feel like talking, I just plug into my iPod.

    I would LOVE if we could live next to each other & be walking buddies. That would be grand, and we wouldn’t skip a day. It’s much more motivating to go with someone. Kevin will go with me when he can (he loves to walk too & sometimes we run together), but the girls are usually too busy with homework or other activities.

    Hang in there, the benefits are superb!

    ReplyDelete