Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Day Off

I took the day off to go to my pain management appointment, but here’s how my day went.

Got up this morning and took the girls to school. Came back home, cleaned up a bit, and did some laundry. I also put some beans in the crock pot. I went for my daily walk, and while I walked, I spoke Mom, Angie, and my friend Kristie. Came back home, took a shower, and began to cook lunch. Took off for my appointment and stayed at the doctor’s office for what seems to be FOREVER. When I go home, Nicole was home with her friend, Bree. Megan made it home at 5:00 p.m., and then Kevin came home. Since Nicole and her friend had dinner as soon as they came home, Megan, Kevin & I ate dinner together. After that, the girls got ready for the next day, while Kevin & I watched TV on the couch (see above pic). It was a nice & peaceful evening.

Oh, and I must tell you that my pain management doctor gave a nice compliment today. He looked at my hands and said that I had nice, beautiful veins. I had to laugh and I told him that I NEVER had anyone compliment me on my veins. He told me since he was an anesthetist, he paid attention to things like that.

2 comments:

  1. that looks relaxing! what kind of pain are you having trouble with? i used to have horrible back pain for a couple of LONG years. i am thankful that it's better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a degenerative disc and a bulged disc on my lower back. My pain not only stays in my lower back but goes down into my legs. I have been having pain for years now (since I got out of the Army), but it seems that within the last 5 years or so, it’s gotten a lot worse. (I think AGE might have something to do with it too.) So, to deal with the pain, I get shots every couple of months, and they are WONDERFUL.

    What happened to your back? I’m glad that your pain is gone.

    ReplyDelete