Thursday, October 1, 2009

On the Road

Since Megan got her driver’s permit yesterday, she was anxious to hit the road today. Kevin, being the fantastic father that he is, took her out and showed her how to drive a stick shift. Actually, we had begun to teach Megan how to drive a stick shift in Kentucky, but that was over a month ago, and we figured she would be a little “rusty.” So, off they went, with Megan as the driver. Kevin said that Megan did really well, and they (Megan) drove for 1 ½ hours. Way to go, Megan!! Now she only has 38 ½ hours more to drive, along with 4 hours of night time driving. She’s so excited that she even wants to skip tomorrow night’s football game just to get extra practice driving. Her short term goal (and I do mean short) is to drive herself to her cross country meet on Saturday morning – accompanied by a licensed driver, of course.

2 comments:

  1. i am so happy to see that you have a blog! i absolutely love blogging, and i love finding people i know with blogs. how exciting! i will leave you my link and we can stay in touch even better! yay! my daughter is starting drivers ed now, and i have one driving. she will love driving everywhere!!! :D http://deekaye-heartshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to blog too! I started blogging this summer & neglected it for a while, but since we moved & I wasn't working, I needed something to do. My family wanted to know what was going on & so the blogging took on a life of its own. I write about little things that happen throughout my day or something that's on my mind, and it's just a wonderful outlet for me. My family (in Texas) really enjoy my blogs and don’t want me to stop blogging, but my kids sometimes get tired of my picture taking.

    Oh, and you have a WONDEFUL blog! I just LOVE it! Your pictures are great! So glad you are a blogger too! There really need to be more bloggers in this world!

    ReplyDelete