Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day

Please take a moment to reflect & say a prayer for all of the fallen Soldier, Airmen, Seamen, and Marines who have lost their lives for this great nation we live in. Thank you to those of you who are currently serving in the Armed Forces and knowingly place yourselves in harms way and to those of you have served in the past. May God bless you!

Just so you get a little picture of what our Soldiers experience on deployments, I'll share a few of Kevin's pictures from his 2003-2004 deployment to Iraq. Imagine if YOU had to take a shower in the showers pictured below. (Oh, and I must add that he had some of the nicer showers.) Also, try to imagine yourself having have had your shower and then having to walk back to your "tent" city and sleep on the cots in the tents, where you would have to weather the 130 degree heat. Oh, and don't forget about all of the desert bugs, scorpions, camel spiders, snakes, and the flies. Uhhh... I know I would rather be in the comfort of my own home, with my family, and sleep in a cozy bed.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the pictures, it makes me appreciate my bro-in-law, brother, and all military more. Thank you Tio Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am very thankful for the sacrifices they make. tell your husband thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing pictures like that helps you to appreciate what you have. I think that America is such a blessed nation & I know I am guilty of sometimes forgetting the sacrifices others make for us to have so much freedom & blessed way of living.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for serving our country in the past years and especially Uncle Kevin for continuing to serve our country! May God bless all the veterans!

    ReplyDelete