Monday, September 28, 2009

Vanpool

I have to drive about 35 miles (one way) to get to work each day and fight traffic in Atlanta. So, when I noticed that a lot of people at my work were vanpooling, I had to ask about it. Come to find out, it’s FREE. Yes, absolutely free!! And, who doesn’t LOVE free? I learned that Uncle Sam provides vouchers for those people who want to partake in vanpooling. All I had to do was find a vanpool that was compatible with my work schedule near my home, sign up for the service, and pick up my free vouchers to ride in the van.

Today was the first day that I rode in the vanpool, and I must say that I enjoyed it. I simply showed up at the meeting point at the appointed time, hopped in the van with five other riders, and was driven to work – stress free. I didn’t even have to fight with traffic and didn’t have to worry about finding a parking place. I completely love the idea of being “green” and saving gas money. What a wonderful concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment