Monday, September 14, 2009

Ahh....What a Day!

My day began at 0815 at the CPAC (Civilian Personnel Advisory Center) for in processing. The place was packed with about twenty new employees, and we were all given packets with forms & papers to fill out, and after we finished, we had to wait for someone from the CPAC office to review our packets to ensure that we had all the required documents. Some folks were sworn in, and some of us weren’t. Later, we all had to make our way to the Security section to have our clearances checked out. To make a long story short, I had the wrong type of clearance, so I had to go through the ENTIRE process of filing out the investigation form (SF 86). Since I don’t have a Secret Clearance right now, I was unable to use any of the computers at work, so I had to the library to work on my SF 86 and worked on the form for about five hours straight. What an ordeal that has been! They ask SO many questions. They wanted to know all about my LARGE family (brothers, sisters, mom, dad, etc) and required that I provide names, addresses, phone numbers, birthdates, and birth places on them all. Also, I had to provide all of my addresses for the past seven year (oh, and we have moved so much), along with people that knew me while I lived at these places and their contact information. Also, I had to list all of my places of employment for the past seven years, etc, etc, etc. Even after spending five hours working on it, I still haven’t finished it and will have to stay up late working on it tonight. Arrrgggg….

When I came home, everyone was hungry, so Nicole suggested that we go out to eat at La Hacienda (DELICIOUS). I just couldn’t refuse. What can I say? Nicole twisted my arm into going. Sitting & having a nice dinner with my wonderful family at La Hacienda & enjoying pleasant conversation was the highlight of my day. (See the picture below.)

No comments:

Post a Comment