Thursday, December 10, 2009

Prayer Breakfast



There was a prayer breakfast at Fort McPherson today, and I, along with several people from my office attended. I didn't think that I would enjoy it so much, but to my surprise, I completely enjoyed it. The food was pretty good (even though breakfast foods aren't my favorite), and a local preacher came & played his guitar & sang Christmas songs for us; he was actually very talented. He asked us all to join in & sing along with him (of course, the words were provided), which was a lot of fun. We worshiped, and another chaplain read scriptures. The atmosphere was amazing, and I really felt the warmth of the Christmas Season & the Lord's love for us. There was also a guest speaker, who is head of the Chaplain Corp in the U.S. Army and has been in the Army for 30 plus years. He delivered a moving speech about his experiences as an Army Chaplain & spoke of his recent trips to Iraq, Afghanistan & his trip to the Fort Hood tragedy aftermath. Wow.

I left the prayer breakfast feeling thankful for my family and fortunate to live in this great nation. I also felt love for all of our Soldiers who leave their families to defend our nation & enable us to continue to live in harmony as they endure pain & suffering for all of us. Let us be thankful and remember those who take the burden for us.

1 comment:

  1. the prayer breakfast sounds wonderful! i have a nephew in Afghanistan right now...i hope soon things will be different...we will just have to continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete