Saturday, April 3, 2010

Louisiana Bound

Kevin called me at work the other day & told me that he was scheduled to attend some training at Fort Polk, Louisiana for the week of 5-9 April. It just so happened that the girls were having their Spring Break that week, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity for us to accompany Kevin on his trip. We thought it would be neat to go back to Fort Polk for a week & see what all had changed since we were there. (We were stationed at Fort Polk from 1999-2004, and we LOVED our time there.) I requested to take a week of vacation, and we hit the road on Saturday so that Kevin could be there on Monday morning. We actually arrived in the Fort Polk area about 3:30 p.m. or so on Saturday. We visited with Kevin's family for a bit (Kevin is from that area), and then we went to the Easter Vigil Mass later that afternoon. By the time the VERY LONG Easter Vigil Mass was over (around 9:00 p.m.), we were beat!

We were super excited about the following day, as we were going to spend the day at Uncle Paul's house for a crawfish boil on Easter Sunday. On Easter morning we got up, rejoiced that it was Easter Sunday, and headed to the family's house.
**Since my camera was packed up, I used my cell phone to take the picture at top. The other pics that I took weren't really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment