Monday, April 5, 2010

Back in Time & Mexico Lindo



I took Kevin to his class at 0800 and decided that I would take my daily walk on Ft. Polk's golf course like I used to do years ago. How refreshing it was to walk the very familiar walk all over again. The weather was BEAUTIFUL, even at 0800. I think it was 69 degrees that morning. :D :D After my 6 mile walk, I went back to the hotel to meet the girls, shower, and later we went to ride in downtown Leesville, Louisiana and went to a few of the local stores. Soon enough, it was time to meet Kevin for lunch. We went back to Ft. Polk, picked Kevin up, and had lunch at the PX (Post Exchange). After lunch, we took Kevin back to class & then decided to do a little window shopping. While window shopping at Stage, I found something I did NOT expect to find at all; I found an old friend from college, Heather Castro. I was quite shocked & amazed to see her. We talked in the store for about 45 minutes, exchanged phone numbers and promised to look for each other on Facebook. Wow!....It was really good to see her and chit chat about old times. I went back to the hotel room feeling so happy. I couldn't wait to tell Kevin about bumping into my friend Heather.
When I picked Kevin up from school, we were all hungry & decided to go to Mexico Lindo for dinner. I was a bit disappointed because the food wasn't all that great. BUT, the company was fantastic! We sat outside, laughed, ate, drank our drinks, and had a wonderful time anyway.

1 comment:

  1. what a fun suprise to meet an old friend! i enjoyed your story of your day. i felt as if i were there.

    ReplyDelete