Thursday, April 8, 2010

Abe's Boudin

This is one of the things Kevin COULDN'T wait to eat. Ewwwww........ BOUDIN!!!
You might ask, "What is boudin?" Boudin, is spicy Cajun sausage containing rice & meat (pork) or seafood. Kevin LOVES it, and the girls like it OK. Me?.....Well, it's all about the PRESENTATION to me; I really don't care to eat something that resembles a turd so much.

Above & below are pictures of Greg, who was working at Abe's that day. Greg was such a friendly and helpful person, and when he found out that we were not Louisiana natives, he offered to give us samples of the different types of boudin they sold. I passed on the samples, and purchased what I was there to get - just some regular boudin for Kevin.

When I gave Kevin the boudin, he was really touched that I drove over an hour to buy boudin from Abe's store and because I thought to get this special treat just for him while he was tied up in class at Fort Polk. I scored HUGE brownie points with the hubby that day! :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL, yeah it does look gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have heard of it, but never knew what it was! thanks for informing me. i will have to try that if i ever see it.

    ReplyDelete