Sunday, January 31, 2010

Anniversary

This morning to woke up to find these beautiful roses that Kevin bought for me for our 19th wedding anniversary.

I must admit that when I found out that my first duty station was going to be Fort Belvoir, Virginia, I was not excited at all. I asked, "Why Fort Belvoir, Virginia?" The only answer I received was that that is where the Army needed me to be. I wanted to go somewhere else like Fort Hood, Texas or even Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio. Little did I know that God had a plan for Kevin & me to meet there. I am so glad that God sent both Kevin and me to Fort Belvoir, Virginia during the same time frame.
Nineteen years ago today, when I was 19 & Kevin was 24, we got married. I cannot image my life without this wonderful man. He's thoughtful, caring, loving, patient, and my best friend. So, tonight, on our anniversary, I especially thank God for bringing Kevin into my life. I honestly believe that Kevin was made just for me and that I was made just for him. God is GRAND!

3 comments:

  1. that is so sweet! i didn't know you were in the military too! i have been to Ft. Belvoir and i was 19 at the time, you might have been there. my husband's brother was a drill sergent there at the time and we went for a visit. i thought military life was sooo cool. anyway, HAPPY ANNiVERSARY!!! it's sweet to hear from happily married couples these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was so wrong about that, i visited Ft. Benning at 19, but my brother in law was also at Ft.Belvoir for a long time and i visited there too, in 1992 and 1996. both are beautiful places. i loved seeing Virginia and DC. my brother in law has now retired so no more traveling to cool places i guess, lol.

    ReplyDelete