Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Visiting the Optometrist on St. Patrick's Day

For some reason, in the back of my mind, I seem to associate St. Patrick’s Day with going to the optometrist. I remember when I was in the 5th Grade (Mrs. Crane’s class), my wonderful sister, Delia, took me to an eye doctor’s appointment in Big Spring, Texas. I guess it’s memorable because I felt like I missed a fun day at school (had to wear some green, otherwise I would get pinched), and because I had to wear glasses. I also remember that we went to get ice cream after the appointment at Baskin Robin’s 31 Flavors. Then, there was another year (although I can’t remember which year it was, but I suspect it was when I was in 6th or 7th grade), in which I had to go to the optometrist on St. Patrick’s Day again.

Now, 20 something years later, I find myself at the optometrist on 17 March ONCE again. The only difference now is that I am taking my child to the eye doctor. Above, is a picture of Megan before she had her eyes examined. She didn’t want me to take a picture because she had just finished with her track practice & quickly rushed home for a quick shower right before her appointment.

As we waited, I tried on a few pairs of glasses. After all, I seem to find myself at an optical clinic on St. Patrick's Day. Years from now, I'll remember the date because of the green shirt I had on. :)

After her appointment, we were so hungry, so we stopped by Chili’s for dinner.

Kevin told me to sample his green beer. I must say, it was nasty! YUCK! I hate beer!!!
Below: Tea for me, please.

1 comment:

  1. Megan needs not to be so camera shy, cause SHE ALWAYS looks beautiful! Beer is not nasty, I much rather have green beer any day instead of tea LOL.
    Why not green Tea? ;)

    ReplyDelete